All images and wording on this website is the copyright of Noah's Ark Pre-school and may not be copied or used without permission. All rights reserved.
Noah's Ark Pre-School is committed to protecting your privacy when using this website.
This page explains how our preschool users' personal data is processed by us.
How we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 2018
We handle any personal information (which means data from which you can be identified, including your name, address, e-mail address, etc.) that you provide us, or that we obtain from you, in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. Under this Regulation, we have a legal duty to protect any personal data we collect, use, share, secure and process from you. Any amendments to this policy will continue to be in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal data that you volunteer on our application forms which you submit to us (name, address and contact details of the parent/carer and name and date of birth of the child), and in e-mails which you send to us. The personal data we collect may be used in the application/registration process, or used to respond to an enquiry raised by yourself.
On registration, parents/carers will provide additional personal information including:
- • Designated person details (we assume that they have agreed to this information being provided to us);
- • Doctor/health visitor information;
- • Health and dietary information;
- • Personal preferences;
- • A photograph of the child;
- • The child's gender;
- • The child's religion and ethnicity
- • Emergency contacts and their contact details (we assume you will have their permission to provide these details to us);
- • Any other personal information provided to us in subsequent correspondence relating to the enquiry or application.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep your personal information updated during your relationship with us. We collect and keep a record of personal information about children during their attendance at Noah's Ark Pre-School including:
- • Observations – these are made in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and are made up of both written and photographic evidence (as agreed with parents/carers on induction) to form a reflection of the child's learning at preschool.
- • Photographs – if parents/carers consented as part of the application process to photographs being taken of their child at the preschool. Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
- • Records of referrals to specialist early years' services; including safeguarding and child protection concerns (which may necessitate retaining information about people connected with the child solely for the purposes of a referral).
- • Records of any contact between the Preschool and medical practitioners or health visitors.
What do we do with your personal information?
We do not sell your information to other parties and it is only used for our own internal purposes as part of the provision of pre-school services (communication with you in relation to our services, for assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer, or for any other purposes to which you have given your consent).
Noah's Ark Pre-School may process Pre-school users' personal data for the following purposes:
- • Receiving, effectively checking and responding to requests from perspective parents for availability;
- • Corresponding with and contacting parents/carers in relation to our services when requested;
- • Providing a high level of care and education for the children in our care, including the creation of a learning journey and necessary assessment and keeping parents/carers informed;
- • Sending newsletters and information about events;
- • Implementing and making decisions based on our Child Safeguarding Policy and procedures, keeping every child safe from neglect and harm;
- • To refer to external professionals when there is a concern about medical or educational need, gaining the necessary support and advice;
- • Gaining or administering emergency care or first aid; or,
- • Fulfilling our legal, regulatory and safeguarding obligations.
What is the legal basis of our processing?
We ask for your consent to process some personal data. If we do, we will collect it at the appropriate time, explaining why we are collecting the data and how we will use it, and this consent can be withdrawn this at any time. In other cases, it is necessary to process personal data relating to parents/carers and to children in our care in order to:
- • Provide our Pre-school services, or as a necessary preliminary step before we enter into an agreement with parents/carers to provide services;
- • Comply with the legal obligations which we have, including child protection and safeguarding requirements such as Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015, OFSTED and EYFS 2017 requirements, equal opportunities, immigration and public safety requirements; and,
- • For the purposes of our legitimate business interests (for example, for the purpose of planning, reviewing, managing and developing our Preschool, but not to make any decisions about parents/carers or children.
We will only process special category data with explicit consent or if it is necessary:
- • For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- • To comply with the legal obligations which we have including child protection and safeguarding requirements (such as Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015) requirements;
- • Very occasionally, when it is needed to protect a parent/carer's or a child's vital interests and they are not capable of giving their consent (for example, in an emergency); and,
- • Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
Within Noah's Ark Pre-School, your data is shared with only those staff who need access for the purpose of delivering our services and facilities. Personal data is shared with a range of external organisations as is necessary for the purposes set out above and as permitted or required by law, including the following:
- • We will disclose information about children in our care and/or their parents/carers when it is necessary to meet child protection and safeguarding requirements and procedures. This is likely to occur when the Preschool has reason to believe that there is a threat to a child and referral to the local authority needs to be made. This will be done in accordance with our Child Safeguarding Policy and the advice of the local safeguarding children's board.
- • Data must be presented to OFSTED when requested, for example, as part of an inspection or when the identity of the inspecting officer has been verified.
- • Information will be shared with the local authority to enable access to free education funding, but only when signed consent has been provided to us.
- • We may provide information to the police or other enforcement agencies for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime.
Except as we have explained, we will not publish or disclose any personal data to other external enquirers or organisations unless you have asked us to do or have consented to it, or unless it is in yours or your child's vital interests to do so (e.g. in an emergency situation).
We do not sell personal data to any third parties and we do not provide personal data relating to Pre-School users to direct marketing complies or other such organisations.
Where is your personal data held and for how long?
Any information obtained via this website will be electronically held by Noah's Ark Pre-School.
The general retention period for data collected and stored by the Pre-school will be three years after the child leaves the setting. Some data which is held by the Preschool must be held in accordance with current OFSTED or Local Authority requirements meaning that it will be held securely for much longer periods of time.
What happens when you follow a link to another website?
The Noah's Ark Pre-School website does not contain any links to other websites that may have different privacy statements.
Contacting us in relation to website privacy matters
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy statement and practices, please contact us at Noah's Ark Pre-School.